|Packaging engineer with a twist
Specifics | Experience | Studies | Graphic
As a professional and experienced project lead, I am seeking for diverse and challenging roles that require my communicative and engaging competences.
A broad array of knowledge, creativity and experience is required for my role as a packaging engineer. This allows me to undertake actions in different areas of expertise, eager to seize opportunities and anticipate.
Combining this engineering background with my creative personality, I discovered my strength to think outside the box. It is the tension between the two sides of my brain that gives me the energy, love and joy to do what I do best!
With expertise in the pharmaceutical industry, my personal work attitude became punctual, structured and transparent. Complementary, my expertise in the graphic industry helps to communicate effectively, throughout all layers and channels of your organisation.
|Unique selling points||
• Project Lead with good communication and interpersonal skills | Trained methodology for project management across sectors and functions
• Master’s Degree in Packaging Engineering | In depth knowledge of packaging materials
• Background in pharmaceutical industry | Supply chain | QA experience | Good GMP understanding | Able to work in large and rigid company structures
• Background in graphic industry | Visually driven communication
• Background in education | Universal design | Eco design | Packaging development
• Platinum Encore Award Janssen Pharmaceutica | For exceptional dedication and input for QC lab PM | for determination, client & result orientated attitude
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint) | Good understanding of Visual Basic in Excel
• Mac iWork (Numbers, Pages, Keynote)
• MS Project, MS Visio
• Trackwise (Event Tracking and Change Management), eLims
• AutoCAD, ArtiosCAD, Cape Pack
• HTML/CSS, basic PHP, basic AS3
• Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, inDesign & Flash
• Final Cut Pro
Able to adopt new software skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills in English
• Problem solving & systematic mentality | Lean, 5S, Six Sigma
• 50/50 analytical/creative
• Inquisitive, spontaneous, committed, neat, with perseverance, communicative, adaptable
|Languages||Dutch (native) | English (very good) | French (very good) | German (less well)|
|Interests||Tennis, skiing, cycling, swimming, hiking, travel, music, movie, art, history|
|2018 – …||Project Coordinator
@Sharp Packaging Services
• Implementation of new pre-filled syringe assembly line (with and without safety device) with combined infeed to blistering line.
• Implementation of new products on existing packaging lines.
Coordination of multidisciplinary and international teams, from project scoping to final completion. High focus on reporting of project status and activities, with structured escalation communication within both the internal and external organisation. Change control management. Resource management.
|2017 – …||
|Specific practical course in structural and graphic packaging design as part of the unique master training: Bachelor and Master Packaging Technology.|
|2016 – 2017||
• Implementation of ampoule infeed and format parts on an existing vial labelling and packaging line.
• Team member in the serialization team in Beerse because of specific packaging expertise | change management of templates and the introduction of TE labels in parallel with the Latina site).
Managing investment projects related to filling, labelling and packaging equipment and related systems with recognized expertise in the supply chain organisation. Change control management, capex budget, trained in J&J FPX methodology.
|2010 – 2015||Packaging Engineer
XPE Pharma & Science
|• Update of all packaging material specification under the management of the Beerse site
• Improvement projects for 2° en 3° packaging components with the focus on transdermal and parenteral business units | e.g. change PVC bottom foil for ampoule blisters (sustainability-driven), change pouch foil for Durogesic (quality driven), change leaflet to comply with regulatory guideline,…
• Transport simulation testing | acc. to ASTM D4169 in collaboration with Verpakkingscentrum (Diepenbeek) and IBE-BVI (Brussels)
• Complaint handling and supplier trending (Filemaker Pro database application)
Specific service provider as packaging engineer in a pharmaceutical GMP environment. Technical writing of specifications, manuals and procedures, implementation of improvement and standardisation projects, …
|2008 – 2010 – …||Designer
@GSDH / Freelance
|• Creative concept building, design, illustrations, animations,…
• Website and Flash applications, advertisements, print, packaging & corporate identity.
• Project management and execution
|2006 – 2008||Approver QC Lab
|Planning of tests for incoming QC, ensuring GLP, communication with other departments, batch release in SAP/LIMS system, handling deviations in Trackwise.
• Introduction of Lean 5S principles in lab environment
• Sampling procedures | acc. to ISO 2859-1
|2006 – 2012||Guest Lecturer
|Practical lessons: Packaging Design, Packaging History, Universal Design & Ecodesign.|
|2005 – 2006||Responsible R&D
|Multitasking in a cardboard company: technical drawing in ArtiosCAD, planning of production, administration of cutting dies, communication with customer and supplier.|
|2001 – 2005||Master of industrial engineering technology:
Packaging & Conditioning
@Xios Hogeschool Limburg
|Unique master training focuses on packaging materials, automation and production, design, environment and logistics.
Traineeship @Jaga NV – Packaging Design for all formats of heat exchangers